By accessing Medical Law Perspectives online or by otherwise accessing any content found on the Wordsworth Law Publications Inc. (Wordsworth Law Publications), Medical Law Perspectives, or Internet Law Perspectives websites, or by using any digital application edition of Medical Law Perspectives or Internet Law Perspectives law reports you are entering into an agreement with Wordsworth Law Publications and agree to the terms that follow. The site is owned and operated by Wordsworth Law Publications.
Please review our Security Policy to learn more about how we use any information you provide. Wordsworth Law Publications respects your privacy and makes every effort to secure your information.
The contents and design of the websites, any digital application and any material e-mailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with the websites and/or digital applications (such contents, design and materials being collectively referred to as the “content"), is copyrighted by Wordsworth Law Publications and its licenser's. All content provided on this site is owned by or licensed to Wordsworth Law Publications and protected by United States and international copyright laws. Content may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior written consent of Wordsworth Law Publications.
These websites and any portion of them may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, downloaded, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Wordsworth Law Publications. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout and form) of Wordsworth Law Publications without the express written consent of Wordsworth Law Publications. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Wordsworth Law Publications’ name or Marks without the express written consent of Wordsworth Law Publications. Any unauthorized use terminates the license granted by Wordsworth Law Publications.
You may retrieve and display the website or digital content on a computer screen or mobile device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store the pages in electronic form on your computer or mobile device for your personal, non-commercial use. You may use the digital applications only on devices for which they were intended, for your personal, non-commercial use and on no more than five separate devices.
You may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any website or digital content, except as expressly permitted above. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions in the previous sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from Wordsworth Law Publications:
- Reproduce or store in or transmit to any other website, newsgroup, mailing list, electronic bulletin board, server or other storage device connected to a network or regularly or systematically store in electronic or print form, all or any part of the website or digital content; or
- Modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit all or any part of the website or digital (including as part of any library, archive or similar service) without the prior written consent of Wordsworth Law Publications; or
Any use of website or digital content not specifically permitted above is expressly prohibited.
Contact us for requests for permission for other uses, which may be subject to a fee.
Each registration and subscription is for your own use only. You may not share your log in details or password with any other person. You may not share or transfer your subscription. Wordsworth Law Publications does not allow multiple users (networked or otherwise) to access the site and/or any digital content through a single name and password and may cancel or suspend your access to the websites or digital applications if you do this.
You are responsible for any fees that are payable. Access to some website and digital content may be subject to a fee. All payments (including any applicable taxes) must be made in advance. You are responsible for the payment of all charges associated with the use, by you or someone else, of the websites and digital applications using your information.
You may be able to use the websites to purchase products or services from Wordsworth Law Publication’s third party partners. In that event, your contract for the products will be with the third party partner and not with Wordsworth Law Publications.
All refunds are at the discretion of Wordsworth Law Publications. Any refunds can only be made to the credit/debit/charge card that was used for the original purchase.
You are responsible for all content you post. The websites and digital applications may include comments capability, blogs, bulletin boards, discussion groups and other public areas or features that allow feedback to Wordsworth Law Publications and interaction between users and Wordsworth Law Publications representatives ("Blogs or Forums"). While Wordsworth Law Publications does not control the posted information/materials (“Message”), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit this content and to terminate your access to and use of the Blogs or Forums. You may not:
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages containing material that is obscene, racist, sexist or that contains any form of hate speech or other prohibited speech;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that infringe copyright;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are illegal, libelous, defamatory or may prejudice ongoing legal proceedings or breach a court injunction or other order;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of Wordsworth Law Publications;
- Post Messages in any language other than English;
- Post the same Message, or a very similar Message, repeatedly;
- Post or otherwise publish any Messages unrelated to the Blog or Forum or the Blog’s Forum's topic;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Messages or "spam";
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular security or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any security;
- Disguise the origin of any Messages;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including Wordsworth Law Publications employees or Blog or Forum guests or hosts or experts) or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity;
- Post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the websites or digital applications or any computer software or equipment, or any other harmful component;
- Collect or store other users' personal data; and/or
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Blogs or Forums.
Wordsworth Law Publications has no control over individuals posting Messages on any Blog or Forum. Wordsworth Law Publications cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Messages. Some users may breach these terms and post Messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Blog or Forum and should not rely on Messages when you make (or refrain from making) any decision including litigation or medical or insurance or other decision.
By submitting a Message to a Blog or Forum you are granting Wordsworth Law Publications a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the Message in whole or in part, and in any form. This may include personal information such as your user or pen name and your expressions of opinion. Wordsworth Law Publications reserves the right to contact you by email about your use of the Blogs or Forums. You waive any moral or legal rights that you may have in regard to the Messages you submit.
It is not possible for Wordsworth Law Publications to fully and effectively monitor Messages infringement of third-party rights. If you believe that any content infringes your legal rights, you should notify Wordsworth Law Publications immediately. Repeated non-meritorious notifications that are an abuse of Wordsworth Law Publications will result in your access to the Blogs or Forums being terminated.
Although we make every effort to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the websites and digital applications and all content, Wordsworth Law Publications makes no warranty, express or implied concerning website or digital content, any digital application, the websites or any software that are made available through the websites (the " Services"), which are provided "as is." Wordsworth Law Publications expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. In no event will Wordsworth Law Publications, its affiliates or other suppliers be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on the Services, even if Wordsworth Law Publications has been advised of the possibility that this damages may arise. Wordsworth Law Publications does not guarantee the accuracy, content, or timeliness of the Services or that they are free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY WORDSWORTH LAW PUBLICATIONS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WORDSWORTH LAW PUBLICATIONS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THESE SITES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THESE SITES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THESE SITES AND THE CONTENT THEREIN IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Medical, legal, technology and other information is provided for informational purposes only and is not for diagnosis, treatment, legal, technology or other use. This is general information only and is not presented for use in specific situations or circumstances or for specific individuals. This general information is not to be construed as guidance, advice, direction, recommendation, counsel, suggestion, opinion, instruction or other specific use for specific individuals, situation, or circumstances. Wordsworth Law Publications and all others associated with Wordsworth Law Publications including experts do not assume any responsibility for use of the medical, legal, technology or other information other than for informational purposes.
You assume responsibility for the use of the information and materials. Adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, including professional licensing, practice and ethical standards and duties, business practices, and all aspects of doing business in the United States or any jurisdiction, is the sole responsibility of you.
The author and/or publisher assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever on behalf of any purchaser or reader or you of the information or materials. Any perceived slight of specific persons or organizations is unintentional.
While all attempts have been made to verify information provided in this publication, the author or publisher do not assume any responsibility for error, omissions or contrary interpretations of the subject matter.